Duration: 2 days | Price: € 480,00
📣 Discount of 20% for more than one person from the same company.
Good knowledge of Python and the basics of web development.
Regardless of the platform, you need to build APIs to serve data between different client applications and endpoints. To develop modern and flexible systems, it is essential to provide your systems with performant APIs that adhere to RESTful principles. This training course gives the fundamental knowledge needed to enable highly interconnected interactions between applications using RESTful APIs by leveraging Python and the open source FastAPI framework. FastAPI is a modern, fast (high-performance) Web framework for creating APIs with Python 3.6+ based on Python type hints. In addition to extreme ease of use, FastAPI is valued for its productivity and speed. A solution developed with FastAPI, in terms of performance, is on par with NodeJS and Go, but is much easier to maintain and develop. Also, as is always the case in the Python world, it “lets you choose”.
📣 Upon completion of the course, learners will have access to all the training materials and code examples shown during the sessions. Examples will also include a minimal, yet comprehensive, API service ready to be modified and used in production.
- Installing FastAPI
- Python type hints: what they are, how and when to use them
- First steps with FastAPI
- Understanding the asynchronous paradigm and using
- Parameters and user input validation
- Automatic generation of OpenAPI documentation
- Validating complex data:
- Customizing the Response for the Client
- Asynchronous operation using background tasks
- How to manage file uploads by the client
- Controlling the request/response cycle through middleware
- Provide static content
- Managing CORS
- Implement WebSocket
- JWT and OAuth2
- Security and HTTPS
- Automated API testing